Monday, August 25, 2014

happiness.

soo.
yes i've been MIA for a minute.
i've been evaluating my life.
what do i need to make me happy??

well i'm absolutely certain of two things.
being a wife.
being a mother.

but what else?

being financially stable i guess?
i mean really.
have you ever thought about what you need in your life to make you happy?

i know a lot of it for me...

well wait.
lets stop for a second.




i'm going to be honest here.
like real honest.
so if you want to know... keep reading.
if not... stop now.
you may look at me in a different light.
which is ok.
i am being authentic and true to who i really am.

tanner challenged me to figure out what i wanted my life to look like.

so i did.

of course if you sit down and think about it, all the material things come to mind first.

pretty house.
pretty hair.
pretty clothes.
pretty cars.

so i thought. and thought. and thought.

still i want all of those things.
but what about my day?
what do i want that to look like?
i challenge my clients to do this sometimes.

so what does it look like?

well i LOVE mornings.
i wake up before tanner. everyday.
so i imagine getting up and making breakfast and prepping the families food for the day.
i imagine getting everyones clothes all put together and ready.
then i make tea and wake tanner up with ten million kisses.
we go sit on our porch and talk.
about anything because we aren't in a hurry.

when tanner goes to work,
thats when i get my workout in.
yoga & lifting.

when our kids are little i imagine taking them to the park and discovering new things everyday.
teaching them.
loving them.
creating memories.
soaking in every moment of their littleness. :)

i'll run errands.

then. i'll come home.
sit in my office and work on my blog.
and put together a list of events that i am coordinating for people.
(this is a new thing that i'm into.)
i want to plan events.
baby showers, birthdays, weddings, bridal showers.
anything.
as long as they get to be pretty. ;)

then my cute husband will come home.
i'll greet him with ten million kisses.
(so will the kids, when we have them.)

we will make dinner together while we drink.
just a couple of drinks of course.

then we sit.
and eat dinner and catch up on the day.

maybe after we watch a movie or go on a walk.

then. after the kids are put to sleep...
we will meditate.
and have time alone.
mostly just staring into each others eyes because let me tell you i can totally get lost in tanners.


and basically thats it.
thats my day.
tanner said to me
"i feel like you want to live a princess life."

but thats the thing.
i love taking care of people.
especially the ones that i love.
so why not have it all?

i know this is super mushy and lovey but its ok.

sometimes you just need that.

basically...
i am in love with love.
and pretty little things.

we make life hard.

take a step back and think about what you really want.

dream again.

xo.
morgan.




No comments:

Post a Comment